Sunday, March 3, 2013

We Deserve Something Pretty!

Holy Moly Batman! I've had a crazy few weeks. I'm changing jobs, but had committed to two more shoots for a casting demo that I thought I should see through. I flew in to Hollywood, FL on Monday morning and came back Wednesday around midnight - quick turnaround! Just enough time to do our shoot, not enough time to have much fun on the beach :(

Whenever I come home from a shoot, I'm always tempted to spend LOTS of money and buy myself lots of pretty things. Maybe it's because being away from home is never all that comfortable, or it's the long hours, eating out every meal, all of it, I think I deserve a little treat. Are you ever a victim of stress shopping? Or ever play the "I deserve this (and this and this and this and this)" game? Does buying something pretty really work to make you feel better? I think it definitely lifts my moods.


So this time when I came home, I hit up Sephora and Anthro for all things pretty: 



I picked up these Fresh SugarBath Lychee Bath Cubes after reading about them on another blog (I'm sorry I can't remember which one it is!) Made of brown sugar, they're slightly sweet-scented and definitely luxurious. I dropped 3 of these little cubes into my tub Thursday night, and I stayed there for practically 40 minutes (woops!) and felt so great afterwards. My skin felt softer, and I was completely relaxed. Several sales associates at Sephora had never even seen these in their store before, and didn't know what they were, but I highly recommend you splurge on a bottle when you're stressed :) A quiet bath fixes everything. You should get these. Now.


Because Anthro is just next door on State Street, I had to hit up their sale section. Oh Anthro, how I've missed you in my efforts to spend less money. Sigh. It's good to be home :)

I scored what I though to be two awesome deals...

I had reservation about this blazer on the hanger, but I've been looking for a casual blazer with a little more give so I thought I'd give it a whirl. And I was pleasantly surprised! The white colorblocking stripes under the sleeves have a very slimming effect. The fit is great, the fabric is soft. This will be a great addition to my spring wardrobe. It's shown as not available online, but there were SEVERAL of them at the State Street store. If you're looking for a less corporate, more sassy blazer to add a little jazz to your workplace wardrobe, this blazer is a perfect fit. And it's on sale for $79. That's still a little bit of a splurge for me, but you can never have too many blazers. 


This Deletta top I found on sale for $10! $10! Seriously!? It must have been a lucky return find, because there was only one in the sales room, it was a size small, and oh yeah, it was $10! I'll admit, the scrunch in front feels a little weird. But I never have enough long sleeve shirts. And this gorgeous blue for $10. Boom.

I may or may not have also hit up a little extra 25% off sale at J.Crew Factory for some spring wear...more on that later.

Did I mention that 100% of this shopping occurred during a 2 1/2-hour lunch break? Double woops.


I'm heading out to San Francisco tomorrow for my final shoot before starting my new job, so I'll probably be a little MIA. But hopefully after that, I can figure out my routine.

Have a GREAT week!

















No comments: